Certified Scrum Product Owner®
This Course employs practical exercises, case studies and discussions to provide everything that a Scrum Product Owner® needs to know to be able to drive a successful Scrum Project.
Topics covered are:
- Why Agile
- The Scrum Framework
- The Product Owner and Other Roles
- Leadership Skills
- The Product Vision and Product Backlog
- User Stories
- Estimation and Planning
- Product Owner Tips
- Scaling Agile
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Function effectively as the Product Owner for the Scrum Team specifically
- Deliver a successful Scrum project
- Explain and sell Agile and the Scrum framework to other key stakeholders
- Collaborate effectively with key stakeholders and customers
- Create and maintain the Product Backlog
- Fulfil your essential role in Sprint Planning and Sprint Review meetings
- Participate in Daily Scrum Meetings and Sprint Retrospectives
- Understand and use the full range of Scrum Artifacts (Sprint Backlog, Burndown Charts etc.)
This course will benefit anyone who seeks to achieve the role of Scrum Product Owner® to drive a Scrum project, and applies to those with a background as Customer/Users, Project Managers or Developers. It will also benefit anyone who is to be involved in a Scrum Project, and in any of the Scrum Roles. The course is also suitable for those involved in transitioning to Scrum within their own organisation.
There are no prerequisites for the course.
Prior to attending the course, students should familiarise themselves with key Scrum terms and definitions, as described in the
You should be aware that this is a Certified Course and 8 hours of training per day MUST be attended. This means you must be present at all times during the daily start/end times detailed above; your day will however include 1.5 hours break. You must attend this time to be eligible for certification and the trainer reserves the right not to register you with the Scrum Alliance if you do not attend the training for the required hours.
Certifying Bodies & Exams
After successfully completing a two-day Certified Product Owner course, you are eligible for registration with the Scrum Alliance. Unlike the Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) course, the CSPO course is not examined and you will automatically be granted CSPO status once you are registered with the Scrum Alliance.
Please note as the
- Renewals are from the date of certification
- Renewal fee is €88.26 and covers two years extension from your current expiration date.
What You Receive
You will receive two days of high quality instruction from a Scrum Alliance Certified Trainer, who has years of experience in Information Technology and Process / Business Change across all traditional and contemporary project delivery and management methods, and is an expert in their successful introduction, implementation and integration. Also included are:
- Course materials
- Two years membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Scrum Alliance certificate of course completion
- Refreshments before and during the course are provided (for courses on our public schedule)
- Radtac Community membership including face-to-face and virtual networking and knowledge sharing opportunities, access to industry experts, special offers and invitations to special events.
Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 SEUs towards their CSP (Certified Scrum Professional) with the
PMI Professional Development Units (PDUS)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 PDUs towards their continuing education requirements with
Meet the Trainer
What do I wear?
Wear what makes you feel comfortable while trying not to make others uncomfortable. We will be in jeans and golf shirts.
Will food be provided?
Yes, coffee breaks and lunch will be provided.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
The course is open to anyone age 18 and up.
Do I need to bring a computer to the event?
No. Personal computers are not necessary. All course material will be provided.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
What's the refund policy?
No refunds. If this is a concern, please contact us.
Can the course be postponed/cancelled?
We reserve the right to postpone or cancel this course if there are insufficient registrations. If this is the case, you will be notified between 3 and 5 working days before the course start date. In this case, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund. We will not be responsible for any other costs incurred.
Are there discounts for groups?
Yes, if you have a group contact us for a discount.
All trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
Hotel Tryp Lisboa Aeroporto
Aeroporto Internacional de Lisboa - Rua C Nº2 , Lisbon, 1749, Portugal